Description: The SSC plans school goals and objectives, reviews and approves program modifications, monitors progress and evaluates outcomes. The SSC is charged with the legal responsibility to ensure that services meet the needs of special student populations and oversee the Site Plan for Student Achievement. The SSC is also responsible for categorical funding, such as Title I and Second Language to help make decisions that ensure an outstanding and inclusive education program at McKinley. The Council is made up of parents, the principal, teachers, school staff and community members. The council elects two members to act as District Advisory Council (DAC) representative and alternate. These reps attend DAC meetings on the third Wednesday of every month.
- Regularly attend SSC meetings, which take place on the first Tuesday of the month from 4:00 to 6:00 pm in the Media Center
- Become knowledgeable about state and local educational issues related to assessment, curriculum, and instruction.
- Review district policies and procedures regarding categorical programs and budgets.
- Communicate SSC business with their constituent group; serve as a liaison between the SSC and their peers.
- Serve on sub-committees to perform tasks to assist the SSC.
- Focus on improving student achievement for all students.
As a council member you will have an impact as part of a decision making body charged with planning resources and instructional goals. Please contact the office if you are interested in becoming a member.
McKinley Elementary School Office
ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND SSC MEETINGS!