Sun Safety Week
This week is Sun Safety Week. We are doing something different every day to show we know how to protect ourselves from the sun. Please ask them about some of the things they have learned and try to practice good sun safety habits at home.
This curriculum will help us in our application for a grant to provide a shade structure for our playground. Each day your child shows they know how to protect themselves from the sun they will receive a raffle ticket, the winners will be announced the last day of school.
Students in the same grade level participate in fun games and activities on the playground. This event is organized by Coach for all grades each year.
Tuesday, June 4th
- Sun Safety: Hat Day
- K – 1st Grade Awards Assembly, 9:20 – 10:20 a.m.
- 2nd – 3rd Grade Awards Assembly, 10:30 – 11:20 a.m.
- Roosevelt Spring Orientation, 5:00 p.m. in the Roosevelt Auditorium. All new families are welcome! They will be discussing uniforms, class placements, and daily schedules. Parking is available on Zoo Drive and Upas Street. Spanish translation will be available.
Wednesday, June 5th
- Sun Safety: Wear Sunscreen and Reapply
- 1st Grade Field Trip to the San Diego Zoo
- 4th Grade Field Trip to Mission Bay Sports Center
- Field Day: Kindergarten, 10:00 a.m.
Thursday, June 6th
- Sun Safety: Wear other sun protective gear, i.e. Long shirt, umbrella, hat, sunscreen
- 4th & 5th Grade Awards Assembly, 9:30 – 10:45 a.m.
- Field Day: 1st Grade, 10:00 a.m.
Friday, June 7th
- Sun Safety: All protective gear!
- Field Day: 2nd Grade, 10:00 a.m.
- 5th Grade Picnic, 11:00 a.m. Morley Field, courtesy of The Invisible Chef, Maggie Pinon. (Parents are encouraged to arrive at 10:30 a.m. to help decorate and set up at the tables North of the frisbee golf course.)
- McKinley PTC End of Year Happy Hour, 5:00 – 7:30 p.m., Ritual Tavern, 4095 30th Street. Please join us as we celebrate another great school year on the back patio of Ritual Tavern. There will be non-hosted beer & wine.