Dear McKinley Families,
Class rosters are now posted outside the main office! Please do not share photos of lists on the internet / social media for the privacy of our children and their families.
On Monday, please plan on lining up in your child’s assigned classroom line on the first day of school, on the blacktop. The teachers will be holding signs to help you find your way.
We’re so excited to have your kids with us at McKinley Elementary School. Because the summer has been long, a few reminders:
- The first day of school is Monday, August 28, 2017.
- 7:50 AM the campus opens at for our students in our breakfast program.
- 8:10 AM the campus opens for all other students.
- 8:20 AM the short bell rings. Students should start lining up with their class at this time.
- 8:25 AM the second bell rings. Students should be in line with their teachers at this time.
- 8:30 AM. class instruction begins. Child should be seated in their classroom. Let’s start the year off with everyone at school on time and ready to learn!
On Monday mornings we have our weekly school assembly on the blacktop. Parents are encouraged to join us to learn about important school and community news.
School ends each day at 3:00 PM, with the exception of Thursdays, which is a minimum day, when classes end at 12:15 PM.
As you know, the Joint Use Field on the South side of the school has been been closed over the Summer. While we can enter through the South gate, please do not walk on the grass. Our principal, Deb Ganderton, is in contact with the construction project manager on a regular basis. She will send out a progress report soon. Your patience is appreciated!
If you want your child(ren) enrolled in the breakfast program or purchases lunch through our cafeteria, you can find more information on the district Food & Nutrition Services site. Information will come home with your child about how to add money to their cafeteria account this week.
Please subscribe to this blog so that you don’t miss dates & deadlines throughout the year.
We look forward to a wonderful school year with you!