Get those Acts Ready!
Try-outs are Tuesday and Wednesday, January 17th and 18th, after school.
Everyone can participate as long as they register by Thursday, January 12th. Registration can be done, and more information can be found online via the link below. (There will also be a few hard copies available in the front office).
Questions? Please contact Elizabeth Newlin: email@example.com
Seussical was amazing and I know everyone is exhausted after all of their hard work,
The 2017 McKinley Variety Show is just around the corner!
Ask your child to be thinking about what they might want to do to show off their talents. Registration and auditions will be coming in January. Be looking for more information soon.
Variety Show Director
Come see McKinley kids shine on stage in the Variety Show this Thursday night 6pm at Lincoln High School auditorium!
4777 Imperial Ave, San Diego, CA 92113
Wednesday is the last day to get your Variety Show tickets on-line or in the McKinley front office ($5 adults, $4 kids).
Prices go up at the door on Thursday night!
You can purchase flower bouquets for $15 at the Variety Show. 100% of proceeds will benefit the recovery of Deanne Cervantes, former McKinley librarian. Thank you Trader Joe’s Hillcrest for donating the flowers! More information about Deanne’s recovery can be found at Deanne’s gofundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/deannerecoveryfund
Come enjoy the show!
Here’s a sneak preview:
You can purchase flower bouquets for $15 at McKinley’s Variety Show this Thursday, March 10 at Lincoln High. 100% of proceeds will benefit Deanne Cervantes’ recovery. Thank you Trader Joe’s – San Diego , CA Hillcrest for donating the flowers! More information about Deanne’s recovery can be found at Deanne’s gofundme page: Deanne’s Recovery Fund
Don’t forget that you can still buy tickets for the variety show with this link: Variety Show Tickets or at the McKinley front office.
Let our kindergartners through Fifth Graders show you their amazing talents as they sing and dance their hearts out. There will be old favorites and wonderful new acts. All of our 100 performers will be featured in a group dance as well as a song. We can’t wait to see you and show you what we’ve got!
Advance ticket sales begin February 24! Advance tickets only $5 adults, $4 children. Purchase tickets with this link: Variety Show Tickets or at the McKinley front office.
It’s that time of year again! We are looking for some unique talent from our McKinley Students. So practice your dance moves, magic tricks, musical instruments, and more and come try out for this year’s Variety Show.
More information can be found here, but here are some important dates:
- Thursday January 14th – Registration is DUE
- Tues/Wed Jan. 19th and 20th – Try outs
- Mon/ Wed 1/25-3/9, 3:30-5:00 – Rehearsals (by group – details later)
- Mandatory Rehearsals for EVERYONE: 2/29, 3/2, 3/7 & 3/8(Tuesday)
- Wednesday 3/9, 1:30– 3:00pm, Dress Rehearsal for the School
- Thursday 3/10, 6:00pm – Performance at (4:30 Drop off)
Es esa época del año otra vez! Estamos en busca de un poco de talento único de nuestros estudiantes de McKinley. Así practicar sus movimientos de baile, trucos de magia, instrumentos musicales, y más, y llegar probar para este año Variety Show.
Asegúrese de que su padre los pasos de nuestro formulario de registro en línea de 14 de enero (también hay una cantidad limitada de copias impresas en la oficina).
Más información se puede encontrar en línea. Pero aquí hay algunas fechas importantes:
- Jueves 14 de enero – La inscripción es DUE
- mar / Mier 19 de enero y el 20 – Trate outs
- Lun / Mie 1 / 25-3 / 9, 3: 30-5: 00 – Ensayos (por grupo – detalles más adelante)
- Los ensayos obligatorio para todos: 2/29, 3/2, 3/7 y 3/8 (martes)
- Miércoles 3/9, 1: 30- 3:00 pm Ensayo general para la Escuela
- Jueves 10/03, 18:00 – Actuación en la Escuela Secundaria Lincoln
Our McKinley kids sure do have talent!
Check out some of the photos from the performance. Thanks to Johno Wells for capturing these images; a digital download of the show will be available soon, so stay tuned!
(click through to view the larger images)
The 2015 Variety Show is approaching fast!
Thursday, March 5th: 6:00PM
Lincoln High School Performing Arts Center
- This year’s performance will be held at Lincoln High School Performing Arts Center
- Tickets will go on sale at 5:15pm; $5 adult and $3 children
- Theatre lobby opens at 5:30pm
- Theatre doors will open at 5:45pm
- Show starts at 6:00pm
- No food or flowers are allowed inside the theatre.
- The show will be approximately 2 hours long.
- The first act will be students from K through 3rd grade, second act 4th through 5th graders.
- There will be a 15 minute intermission. Please enjoy the snacks and water that will be for sale in the lobby (no food or drinks in the theatre)
- Plan to arrive early to find parking and navigate the large building, see a school map here.
Break a leg, students… you rock!
It’s time for the 54th Annual McKinley Variety Show, and we are looking for students, teachers, and even parents to participate in the show. This year’s Variety Show will be on Thursday, March 5th, at Lincoln High School.
AN INFORMATION MEETING WILL BE HELD TOMORROW Wednesday, January 21st. 4:00 to 5:00 in the auditorium. We will discuss important dates, behavior, getting the music, start singing our song, etc.
Try-outs will be after school on Monday, January 26th (after school by arrangement). Although we are calling these “try outs” no one will be turned away. We just want to see what folks would like to do…..or if you want to be in the show and don’t know what you’d like to do that’s fine as well. Just let us know and we’ll be happy to work with you.
If you do know what you’d like to do, please let us know what you’ll be doing (e.g., singing, dancing, acting, playing an instrument, etc.) and the name of the song/act.
Please submit the attached form by Wednesday, January 21st.
Those who know what they want to do should be prepared on Monday, January 26th to show off their talent. If they are singing or dancing, please bring a CD with the song you will be performing. (karaoke if singing). If you are playing an instrument please bring your sheet music and your instrument (we have a piano), props for skits would be helpful, as well as a script for any spoken talents. If you have any questions or concerns about these dates or about what needs to be ready, please contact Janine Whitaker (619-208-2667).
Click below for the schedule of the Variety Show. (more…)