What makes McKinley Great?
Volunteers are paramount to the success of all the Parent-Teacher Club programs & events. There are many ways in which you can be involved. You can join a specific committee and help all year long, volunteer to help for a specific event during the year, or volunteer to help the day of an event, when the greatest number of people are needed. There are also opportunities to “work behind the scenes” if your schedule doesn’t allow you to help during the day. Whatever your interests, you’ll find an opportunity to help, and it’s a great way to get to know other parents at the school.
2017-2018 Volunteer Opportunities
Listed below is a summary of the volunteer needs. If you’re interested in joining a specific committee, please contact one of the co-chairs for that committee. There is something for every interest. Email email@example.com for more information on any of the open positions.
- Communications Committee Member – the Communications team is looking for a content editor for the mckinleyptc.com blog. We have a couple of blog posters that work as a team to keep everyone to-date. Knowledge of WordPress.com is a plus, but we are also willing to train you. The ideal candidate has a way with words and attention to detail. Please contact Bridgette Tullis if you’re interested.
- After School Enrichment (ASE) Program Coordinator – Be a part of the team that selects course offerings for the popular ASE program! Highly organized individuals with a passion for bringing high value enrichment programs to our students. Face-to-face meetings are usually limited to 4-6 times per school year. Must be comfortable with communicating via email. Position requires working with some confidential material, so discretion is required. A professional communication style is highly desirable as you will be interacting with various organizations in setting up contracts, communicating requirements, requesting invoices, etc. This position does not require you to be present on Thursdays during program hours. Most work can be done at home and outside of school hours. Familiarity with Google Docs and basic MS Excel is highly desirable. Contact McKinley ASE for more information.
- CRAVE Art Program – CRAVE Art is back for the 3rd year at McKinley! This year we are asking for one volunteer per classroom, to commit to mounting the art for each month. Mounting takes about one hour depending on the project. This works out to basically a 6-10 hour commitment for the year. It’s an easy way to be involved in your kids classroom and semi available on your own time. However NONE of the projects are to leave the school grounds. All mounting of art must take place on campus. All supplies for mounting will be provided as well as a sample of how to mount each project. If you have any questions or would like to get involved with CRAVE art, please contact Ashley Bruce for more information. These kids are so inspiring and it is so fun to see all of their unique personalities shine through in their artwork. We look forward to another awesome year in CRAVE art.
- Morning Running Club – Do you love running or jogging? Do you want to help get our students more focused to start school in the morning? Join the Morning Running Club committee this year! We are looking for a couple of parents to help organize this year’s Morning Running Club so our students can start enjoying McKinley’s new track! Please contact Sally McRory and Geysil Arroyo if you are interested.
- Event Support – We will need event support for all of our events this year which will include everything from passing out fliers, set-up, clean-up, soliciting donations or working at the event. These opportunities will be posted on our website as the events approach. To find out about specific event opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up, now!
- 5th Grade Fundraisers
- After School Enrichment Program
- Art Program
- Green Day (Beautification Committee)
- McKinley Theater Company
- Spring Gala
- Variety Show
- Weekly Papers
View all volunteer committees and programs, along with contact information in our guide.